Saturday, March 22, 2008

Braise Pork

I love, love this dish but I would only eat the lean pork. Unfortunately, the best type of meat for this dish will be the fatty part of the pork.

Whenever my mom cooked this, she would put in a few pieces of lean meat in there for her and me :p. While my dad would get all the fatty part, apparently after the long braise, the fatty part would actually melt in the mouth, I haven't tried that yet and I am not looking forward to it.

Went to CC's place for dinner one night and I suggested to bring a dish. It's been a long time since I ate pork, so I thought I would cook something with pork in it. And.... decided to try my parents' recipe for the first time.



The end result was ..... VERY YUMMY! Oh well, I am not sure what did my friends think but I thought the pork was very close to my parents' braise pork, just mine was a bit more salty, I knew I put a lil too much oyster sauce.

Recipe:

600g of pork (the portion with a bit of fatty part attached)

6-8 medium sized mushroom

3-4 eggs

1 medium garlic (sliced)

1 tbspn oyster sauce

2 tbspn soy sauce

1/2 of water

Method:

Soak and rinse mushroom, cut mushroom into halves. Boil the eggs to prepare hard boiled eggs

Slice pork into thick slices or cubes. Brown garlic with 1 tbspn of oil. Put in pork and mushroom, then all the seasoning and water. Braise everything till pork becomes tender.

When the eggs are ready, shelled then put them into the braised pork. Simmer it for aother 15-20 minutes, keep stiring so that the eggs are well coated by the gravy.

Note: Make sure you taste the sauce before putting it into the pot, as you braise the meat, the sauce evapourate and thicken thus the sauce will become more salty. Keep that in mind.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would believe the dish must be delicious but erm... do you wanna retake the picture? :D Hahaha

utterlycynical said...

Hiyo. I know the photo is crappy, I dont know how to adjust the effects :(