Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Instant Chicken Rice!

I was at Chan Brothers one Sunday, was doing my normal Asian ingredients shopping. Time to stock up my instant noodle again (especially my dear bf started eating instant noodle now). I saw a 'rather' new packaging on the shelf, when I said it is rather new, I mean it could be in the market for a long time but I have just came across it.


I have always been very skeptical about instant rice and porridge, never thought they would be nice, I prefer fresh, fluffy rice. Anyway, I decided to buy one to try. I think it costs around $2, can't really remember.

So I took it to work one day and prepared it during lunch time. All my colleagues were very curious and couldn't wait to see whether it would turn out allright.

The instructions given were to soak the rice in boiling water for 5 minutes then pour out the mear from the seal foil pack and put the container into the microwave, heat it on high for 2 minutes.

After the initial 5 minutes, the rice was half cooked! I was so excited and thought, hey! this could turn out good. BUT I was sooooo disappointed when I pour the meat out, only 3 pieces of chicken! 3! THREE! Can you believe it? The rest were bits of carrot and bake beans!

I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't take a pic. :(

It tasted OK, but bloody disappointed with the freaking 3 pieces of chicken. I ate only half the rice because there weren't enough chicken, carrot and beans.

Verdict: NOT going to buy it again.

1 comment:

Wandering Gourmet said...

lol... well that's what you get for $2! did it taste alright otherwise?