Saturday, June 7, 2008

Buttered Prawns

I cooked buter prawns over the Foundation Day weekend. I love prawns and especially buttered prawns. I found the recipe from Cooking Momster, I followed the recipe and the prawns turned out fantastic. It wasn't difficult at all to be honest, just a little patience is all you need when cooking the butter and milk together. Everyone said the prawns were yummy!

This is what it looks like when you mix the milk and butter together. Becareful, this mixture get burned easily, so keep the heat low and keep stirring.

This picture is taken from Cooking Momster, I forgot to take a picture of my buttered prawns, but they look the same (I swear!).

Recipe is as follow, again, the recipe is taken from Cooking Momster.

Ingredients :

500gm fresh water prawns (I used frozen king prawns, I don't know what fresh water prawns are ><)

1 tbsp corn flour

3 tbsp butter

1/2 can evaporated milk

2 sprigs curry leaves (I used fresh curry leaves from the garden)

1 tsp chopped chilli padi (I used normal chilli, the super hot ones from my aunt's garden)

1 tsp sugar


Method :

1. Coat the prawns with cornflour.In a pan of hot oil, stir fried the prawns till it turned orange colour. Dish up and set aside.

2. Melt butter in a pan. Pour in the evaporated milk.

3. Stir fry at low heat till it dry up and formed granules.

4. Then add in sugar,curry leaves and chilli padi and fry till fragrant.

5. Add in prawns and mixed well.

No comments: