Sunday, June 15, 2008

Apricot Yogurt Cake



I have lots of yogurt left from making the non-bake yogurt cake. So I found a recipe online to bake a fruity yogurt cake. I chose this Apricot Yogurt Cake because I thought the sour apricot will make the cake quite interesting and the feedback on the recipe were great.

I made a mistake while baking this cake, so the outcome wasn't as good as I have expected but definitely edible and not sweet AT ALL.

It will be a great dessert for my aunt and she is diabetic.

Recipe as follow:

300g canned apricot halves, drained, sliced
125g butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
175g Apricot yogurt

Method:
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease base and sides of a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) springform cake pan. Line with baking paper. Pat apricot dry with paper towel.

Using an electric mixer, cream butter, caster sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir in flour and 1 tub of yoghurt until well combined.


Spoon half the cake mixture into prepared pan. Smooth surface. Top with apricot. Spoon remaining mixture over apricot. Smooth surface.


Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake for 5 minutes in pan.

Remove from pan.

Place on wire rack to cool.

No comments: