Thursday, May 1, 2008

Apple Crumble Cake


I baked this cake the other day and got the recipe from www.taste.com.au . Wanted to bake an apple cake simply because I had too many apples at home and nobody planned to eat them.

I did change the recipe a little, mainly reduced the sugar amount. That's something I learned, I always cut down the sugar amount when I follow western recipes. ><


Ingredients (serves 8)
2 apples
2 tbs lemon juice (I recommend use only 1tbs, 2 was too sour for my liking)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
250g caster sugar (I used only 180g sugar)
250g unsalted butter
1 2/3 cup (250g) self-raising flour
4 eggs


Method
Preheat oven to 180°C (not fan-forced). Grease and line base of a 23cm springform cake pan.
Peel and core the apples, and cut into segments. Toss the apples in lemon juice and half the cinnamon, then set aside.
Take 50g each of the sugar, butter and flour, place in a bowl with the remaining cinnamon and rub together with your fingertips.
Place eggs and remaining sugar in an electric beater and beat until very light and fluffy. Melt remaining butter and pour into egg mixture. Sift in remaining flour, then fold in carefully until combined.
Pour into the pan, and carefully lay the apple slices over top. Sprinkle with the crumble mixture and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. ( I always rely on my skewer)

No comments: